Tuffaloy Products, Inc. is a stocking manufacturer of standard and custom resistance welding consumables and accessories. As a manufacturer, Tuffaloy understands the value of a reliable supply chain which is why Tuffaloy is committed to stocking thousands standardized products and partnering with distributors throughout North America to ensure users of the resistance welding process have high quality, cost effective solutions readily available to support their production needs.
- The Tuffaloy story begins in 1937, when Walter H. Simmons of the Welding Sales & Engineering of Detroit introduced a new line of resistance welding alloys tradenamed TUFFALOY. What began as a general line of resistance welding alloys, soon grew to a complete standardized product line of resistance welding consumables to support the growing manufacturing industry in the United States.
- In 1963, Walter P. Simmons created Tuffaloy Products, Inc. as a standalone entity solely focused on suppling resistance welding consumables. The shift in focus allowed Tuffaloy to expand their standardized product offering and develop innovative products such as multi-electrode holders which improve efficiency and weld quality.
- In 1985, under the management of Michael S. Simmons, Tuffaloy Products, Inc was relocated to Greer, South Carolina, to support the growth of manufacturing in the South.
- In 2003, Tuffaloy became ISO 9001 certified.
- In 2005, Tuffaloy relocated to a new 45,000 square foot facility to support continuous growth.
- In 2009, Tuffaloy Products, Inc. acquired Resistance Welding Products, Ltd. of Blenheim, Ontario to expand Tuffaloy’s manufacturing capabilities, production capacity, and provide local support to Canada’s manufacturing industry.
- In 2014, Tuffaloy Products, Inc. acquired the resistance welding division CMW, Inc to expand their product portfolio and ensure the CMW product line was readily available to North American manufacturers.